Woman Engineer Magazine, launched in 1979, is a career-guidance and recruitment magazine offered at no charge to qualified women engineering, computer science and information technology students & professionals seeking employment and advancement opportunities in their careers.
This magazine reaches students and professional women engineers nationwide at their home addresses, colleges and universities, and chapters of student and professional organizations.
If you are a woman engineering student or professional, Woman Engineer is available to you FREE!
» Featured Articles
» Subscription Information
» Reader Survey
» Companies Actively Recruiting
Why You Need to Attend a Career Expo
When searching for a job online, it could take weeks or even months before you hear back from an employer.
By attending a career expo:
1. You have a chance to meet with recruiters face to face and make an impression. This one-on-one time with company employees cannot be accomplished through online job apps and websites.
2. You’re more likely to hear back from a recruiter met at a job fair before a hiring manager from an online application because you have already established a relationship.
3. You have a chance to ask questions of a recruiter about their company, including questions about corporate culture, hiring process and more. This information is not always available online.
4. You have a chance to meet with many different companies all in one day, and learn about different opportunities available.
5. You have an opportunity to brush up on your face-to-face interview skills.
6. You have a chance to receive immediate feedback on your resume and/or career interests.
7. You gain an opportunity to meet and network with peers in your field.
» Feedback for the Editor
» Request Article Copy