Woman Engineer Magazine, launched in 1979, is a career-guidance and recruitment magazine offered at no charge to qualified women engineering, computer science and information technology students & professionals seeking employment and advancement opportunities in their careers.
This magazine reaches students and professional women engineers nationwide at their home addresses, colleges and universities, and chapters of student and professional organizations.
If you are a woman engineering student or professional, Woman Engineer is available to you FREE!
» Featured Articles
» Subscription Information
» Reader Survey
» Companies Actively Recruiting
Score Your Dream Job in 2018
Want to know how to score you your dream job in 2018? Want to kick some butt when you do?
Following these steps will lead you to the role that’s made for you and help you rise to the top once you land that dream job this year:
1. New Year, Better You: Roll up your sleeves and figure out what you want to do, who you want to be, what you want your job to look like and, most importantly, how you want people to treat you.
2. Cover Letters and The Big Sell: Focus on your personality instead of the usual corporate mumbo jumbo. Throw in some humor and grace, and show off your can-do attitude. With the world as busy as it is today, it’s all about the one-two punch in the opening sentence.
3. You, the Social Media Star: If you’re not on social media, what are you waiting for? You want to make sure your Facebook and Instagram make you a relatable candidate for the position. People want to hire a happy, well-adjusted person. Be that person!
4. Get in the Back Door: Find ways to get involved in your field whether it’s by voluntarily helping out, temping or writing. As long as you’re in the mix, you’re a better candidate to identify with than someone who is sitting on the couch with bon bons.
5. The Resume Rewrite: Fill in the blank space on your resume with relevant life experience, possibly your hobby or volunteer work. Whatever accomplishments, big or small, should be noted. You have more to offer than you realize!
6. Whatever You Do, Don’t Look Back: If you want to build yourself an amazing future, you must devote your complete attention to moving forward. Don’t stop yourself from jumping because you tripped and fell during the first jump. You got this.
7. Get In and Win: Now that you’ve landed that new gig, stop looking at it like a job. This is your new career and a whole new part of your life! Don’t ever let yourself become a cog in the wheel. Make this opportunity everything you want for yourself and more.
– Gwen Wunderlich and Dara Kaplan
About the Authors: Wunderlich and Kaplan are the founders of the hit career and reinvention program The Enternship, a globally recognized program for women of all ages and backgrounds looking to re-enter the workforce in an exciting, fast-paced and productive environment. Together they also founded Wunderlich Kaplan Communications in New York, NY. Wunderlich is the CEO and Kaplan is the president of the next-generation PR, social and branding communications company.
» Feedback for the Editor
» Request Article Copy