» Featured Articles
» Subscription Information
» Reader Survey
» Companies Actively Recruiting
Best Internships for 2019 Revealed
Vault.com has released the findings from its most recent survey in which it polled more than 13,000 current and former interns from more than 120 internship programs.
Its 2019 Best Internship Rankings are based on respondents’ answers that rated and reviewed their own internship experiences. The survey also asked interns to rate the prestige of other employers to determine which internships are the most desirable.
The survey highlights the top programs in 16 categories, including the most prestigious internships, the best overall internships, the best industry-specific internships, and the programs offering the best quality of life, career development, compensation and benefits, employment prospects, and diversity - the last qualifier/category being premiered in this year’s survey.
This year’s winners include:
• Top Overall Internship: Infosys Limited InStep Internship
• Best Internship for Quality of Life: Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program
• Best Internship for Employment Prospects: Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program
• Best Internship for Compensation & Benefits: Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience
• Best Internship for Diversity: iHMLA Internship Program
• Best Internship for Career Development: College Works Painting Internship Program
See also related tables on this page, and view the complete Vault 2019 Best Internship Rankings at vault.com/internship-rankings.
The Top 20 Most Prestigious Internship Programs for 2019
Google Named Most Prestigious Internship to Have on Resume Fourth Consecutive Year
6. Goldman Sachs
8. JPMorgan Chase & Co.
10. The Walt Disney Company
12. Morgan Stanley
15. Berkshire Hathaway
19. The Boston Consulting Group
Top Industry-Specific Internships
Further Rankings Break Down to Include Top Internship Lists for Nine Industry-Specific Categories
1. Best Accounting Internship: Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience
2. Best Consulting Internship: Infosys Limited InStep Internship
3. Best Energy Internship: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Internship Program
4. Best Financial Services Internship: Kleiner Perkins (KP) Fellows Program
5. Best Healthcare Internship: Abbott Laboratories Internship Program
6. Best Investment Banking Internship: Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program
7. Best Media & Telecommunications Internship: Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program
8. Best Retail & Consumer Products Internship: RAI Internship Program
9. Best Tech & Engineering Internship: Abbott Laboratories Internship Program
Trends from Vault’s Internship Survey
• Half (approximately 50%) of internships resulted in full-time job offers.
• Pay was the number one deciding factor when choosing an internship. Location was a close second, followed by career advancement in their chosen industry and the opportunity for a full-time job offer.
• 59.7% of respondents found their internships via campus recruiting, 11.4% via referrals and family members, 10.6% via a company’s website, 7.4% via professional networking and 5.1% via online job boards.
• 75% of respondents relied primarily on their laptops or desktops for researching internships, while 23% also used their smartphones and 2% used tablets.
» Feedback for the Editor
» Request Article Copy