» Featured Articles
» Subscription Information
» Reader Survey
» Companies Actively Recruiting
Best Internships for 2020 Revealed
Vault.com has released the findings from its most recent survey in which it polled more than 14,000 current and former interns from more than 130 internship programs.
Its 2020 Best Internship Rankings are based on respondents’ answers that rated and reviewed their own internship experiences. The survey also asked interns to rate the prestige of other employers to determine which internships are the most desirable.
The survey highlights the top programs in 16 categories, including the most prestigious internships, the best overall internships, the best industry-specific internships, and the programs offering the best quality of life, career development, compensation and benefits, employment prospects, and diversity.
The winners for 2020 include:
• Best Overall Internship:
1. Infosys InStep Internship
2. Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program
3. Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program
• Best Internship for Employment Prospects: Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program
• Best Internship for Career Development: College Works Painting Internship
• Best Internship for Compensation & Benefits: Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program
• Best Internship for Diversity: Infosys InStep Internship
• Best Internship for Quality of Life: Infosys InStep Internship
See also related tables on this page, and view the complete Vault 2020 Best Internship Rankings at vault.com/internship-rankings.
TABLES as Artwork for this Story (274 words); all receive the same source line, see below:
The Top 20 Most Prestigious Internship Programs for 2020
Google Named Most Prestigious Internship to Have on Resume Fifth Consecutive Year
5. & 6. Amazon & Goldman Sachs (TIE)
9. JPMorgan Chase & Co.
11. The Walt Disney Company
12. Morgan Stanley
17. & 18. Berkshire Hathaway & Deloitte (TIE)
Top Industry-Specific Internships
Further Rankings Break Down to Include Top Internship Lists for Nine Industry-Specific Categories
• Best Accounting Internship: PFK O’Connor Davies Internship
• Best Consulting Internship: Bates White Summer Consultant Program
• Best Energy Internship: Exelon Internship Program
• Best Financial Services Internship: AFLAC Summer Internship Program
• Best Healthcare Internship: Abbott Program
• Best Investment Banking Internship: Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program
• Best Media & Telecommunications Internship: Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program
• Best Retail & Consumer Products Internship: RAI Internship Program
• Best Tech & Engineering Internship: Infosys InStep Internship
Trends from Vault’s Internship Survey
• Half (approximately 50.4%) of internships resulted in full-time job offers.
• Career advancement in chosen industry was the number one deciding factor when choosing an internship. Pay was second, followed by corporate culture and the opportunity for a full-time job offer.
• 43.9% of respondents found their internships via campus recruiting, 11.1% via a company’s website, 9.5% via referrals plus friends and family members, 9% via career expos, and 7.8% via professional networking.
• 92.2% of respondents relied primarily on their laptops for researching internships, while 37.9% frequently used smartphones, 19.9% frequently used desktop computers, and 5.5% frequently used tablets.
» Feedback for the Editor
» Request Article Copy