Minority Engineer Magazine, launched in 1979, is a career- guidance and recruitment magazine offered at no charge to qualified engineering or computer-science students and professionals who are African-American, Hispanic, Native American, and Asian American. Minority Engineer presents career strategies for readers to assimilate into a diversified job marketplace.
This magazine reaches minority engineers nationwide at their home addresses, colleges and universities, and chapters of student and professional organizations.
If you are an engineering student or professional who is a member of a minority group, Minority Engineer is available to you FREE!
READERS' CHOICE AWARDS
Readers of Minority Engineer were asked to name the employers, both in the private and public sectors, for whom they would most like to work or that they believe would provide a positive working environment for members of minority groups. The employers, listed according to the frequency they were cited by respondents, are:
TOP 50 EMPLOYERS
2017 Readers' Choice
2. Lockheed Martin
6. General Motors Company (GM)
13. Northrop Grumman Corp.
|18. Deere & Company (John Deere)
21. Telsa Motors
22. Eaton Corporation
24. HP, Inc.
25. Parker Hannifin Corporation
26. Norfolk Southern (NS)
28. Texas Instruments (TI)
29. Johnson & Johnson
30. Procter & Gamble (P&G)
31. Raytheon Company
32. The Dow Chemical Co
36. Ford Motor Company
37. Caterpillar, Inc.
38. Terex Corporation
39. Johnson Controls
40. Aerojet Rocketdyne
41. Booz Allen Hamilton
47. Kellogg Company
48. Polaris Industries, Inc.
TOP 20 GOVERNMENT EMPLOYERS
2017 Readers' Choice
|1. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
2. Deparment of Defense (DOD)
3. U.S. Air Force (USAF)
4. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
5. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
6. U.S. Department of State (DOS)
7. Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
8. U.S. Department of the Treasury
9. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
10. U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
|11. Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)
12. Department of Transportation (DOT)
13. U.S. Navy
14. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
15. U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
16. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
17. Military Sealift Command
18. Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
19. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
20. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)